The ground level consists of a 170m² carpark and bike park area to encourage employees to commute via bicycles. There are two levels of offices, all equipped with woven image echo panels to reduce noise pollution, eco-friendly carpet and a centrally located atrium on level 1 designed to allow the efficient capturing of natural light throughout the day.
The second level comprises of meeting rooms and a staff lunch room with an impressive, engineered, polished concrete bench which was poured and formed as one piece onsite. There is also a gym featured to the rear of the building.
|Office - Ground Floor Entry
|Office - 1st Floor
|Office - 2nd Floor
|Stairs & Lifts Amenities
|Bike Park Area
Vaughan Constructions’ headquarters is not only aesthetically pleasing, it has also received a 5 Green Star Rating from the GBCA in two areas; Office As Built v3 and Office Interiors as well as winning the Master Builder Award for Excellence in Construction, 2014.
The sustainability features of the office include:
- Woven Image Echo panels on office ceiling to reduce noise pollution
- Switchable task lighting along with C-bus controlled lighting and motion sensors allowing for lighting system efficiencies.
- Changing facilities/lockers/bicycle storage to encourage employees to commute via a bicycle.
- Central atrium to allow for efficient capturing of natural light during the day
- Solar hot water systems to support electricity usage
- Eco-friendly carpet throughout office area with cushion back underlay and ‘buy-back’ option at the end of the life-span from the Supplier, who will collect and recycle the carpet.
- Windows are European thermally broken profile using Low-E Argon filled high performance double glazed units to substantially reduce noise and keep heat out.
- Rainwater re-use system implemented to supply toilets
- Recycled wharf timber for fence and stairs, combined with glass and steel to create an impressive entrance.
- Winner – 2014, Master Builders Award for Excellence in Construction
- Green Building Council Australia, 5-Star Green Star Rating – Office As Built v3
- Green Building Council Australia, 5-Star Green Star Rating – Office Interiors v1.1